Sunday, February 26, 2012

More Pictures





Since my beloved readers seem to like pictures, a few more from my perfect maple sugar outing. As a bonus, we drove by THREE covered bridges, one of which led us to some beautiful trails in Turkey Run State Park, where Nicki and I strolled for a while with her sweet dog, Henry.

I bought maple syrup cookbooks, a maple syrup coloring book (Cheryl, if you are reading this, forget you read this as otherwise you won't be surprised by one of your Christmas presents this year!), maple sugar candy (natch!); also some strongly (but not maple) scented hand-made soap (at the fairgrounds there was a building selling all kinds of crafts, not necessarily maple-themed). I also bought a dog-pull toy for Henry, to thank him for being so patient during the times we made him wait in the car. As we drove home, we stopped in the town of Rockville (Parke County's county seat), and I bought some tights at the variety store on the courthouse square. But I resisted temptation and didn't buy the maple-icing-filled maple-leaf-shaped cookies I bought once before at that same store.

After all, I don't want to overdo the maple sugar theme, now, do I?

6 comments:

  1. Hello! A new follower here. Your brother tuned my sister's piano yesterday and sent this learning writer/illustrator your way. :) I think I'm inspired already!

    Have you happened upon any maple sugar cotton candy? A vendor at the state fair here has some each year and, oh my, is it delicious!! And it's brown, so it has to be healthier than the pink stuff, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, new follower! No, I haven't had any maple sugar cotton candy - but now I want some desperately!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! I forgot about those maple-icing-filled maple-leaf-shaped cookies! We used to get them a lot when I was a kid. I'm going to look for them next time I go to the store. Thanks for reminding me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think they're easy to find, Peggy. That's why maybe I made a mistake passing them up at the Variety Store.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am now fixated on the idea of maple sugar cotton candy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photos! I love seeing Indiana through your pictures.

    ReplyDelete