Thursday, July 11, 2024

Welcome to My New Fairyland

We moved! My sweetheart and I said our farewells to Rainbow's End, the mountain paradise where we lived so happily for the past two years. It was time to live somewhere in town, closer to public transportation and with fewer (than 34!) steps to shovel in the winter. So we found ourselves a hundred-year-old cottage on quiet Bluff Street in the Whittier neighborhood of Boulder, which has oodles of whimsy and bursts of joy on every block.

First, the cottage itself! Isn't it sweet?


Here are photos from this morning's short walk of exploration. 

A hollow tree welcomes strangers. 


A community fairy garden invites all to linger and play.


Generosity abounds!



A pocket park is hidden up a secret path of steep steps.


And just around the corner:


As I ponder the second half of 2024 and what it will bring, and where my future journey as a writer will take me, it's hard not to think this creative, generative energy is bound to rub off on me. Maybe my next book will feature fairies, elves, and gnomes . . . and ripe cherries for the picking . . . and free seeds for the planting ... and a secret park . . .   

Who knows?!



8 comments:

  1. What a wonderful neighborhood filled with whimsy and creativity! Be happy there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It does feel like an easy place to be happy in!

      Delete
  2. That is so lovely, Claudia! And no more broken bones falling, shoveling and fighting winter we hope.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Claudia, your new neighborhood is lovely. I would love to get together with you for coffee, tea or brunch. We could catch up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Your post is showing up as 'Anonymous," so I don't know who you are! But I appreciate your kind words!

      Delete
  4. I'm so happy for you, Claudia! It looks like a beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear Sarah! It is little, but so sweet!

      Delete